Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not so happy beach baby

Here's a layout for my grandson's first trip to the beach.  He's 11 mos and I'm glad we had the opportunity to share this moment with him.  He absolutely hated the water, probably because it was a bit cold for him.  He did enjoy sitting around in the sand but I'll scrap those pics at a later date.

It's a 8x8 layout meant for his mother's album.  
Here's a close up of each side

Left side

Right side
I cut the frames from the George & Basic shapes cart and popped them to make it easier to add pictures later on.  The title was cut using Don Juan. I used these G Studio stamps from the $1 bin at Michaels to make the first part of the title.  
The waves and title were inked with brown chalk.
All the sea creatures were cut using Create a Critter cart.  I like how they look but I was annoyed at the fact that my daughter put the lid to the baby bottle on top of my little octopus.  It was too late in the evening to cut another one, so I made the best of it.  
See the smudges....


Well, this is all for now.  I'm planning out my layout for this week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut.  The challenge is to celebrate the friendships in our lives.  I can't wait to get it done.  Make sure you stop by their blog and join the fun. The DT has done a great job.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and your comments!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette




No comments:

Post a Comment