Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bridal Shower Favors

Well, it's almost back to school for me, just a few more days with the kids at home and quite time at the office.  I didn't craft as much as I had hoped to during my time off but I did get a few things done here and there.  While visiting some of my favorite blogs, I came across Challenge #7 at Decorate to Celebrate ~ the theme is Wedding, Engagement, or Bridal Shower.  This fits perfectly with what I was doing recently.  One of my younger cousins decided to get married recently.  Now we were all happy for her but the craziness of it all was that she planned this within 1 month.  She announced it at the beginning of August and her poor maid of honor only had 2 weeks to plan a shower for her.  These are the favors I put together
The pillow boxes are from the Wrap it Up cart.  The corset is from the Tie the Know cart which I "bought" with my reward points. I made about 25 of these.  

I put Hershey mini bars wrapped in designer paper inside the pillow boxes.

Here's a closer look at the finished pillow box.

Make sure you visit Decorate to Celebrate and enjoy the fun.  The projects these ladies put together for every challenge are awesome.  I can't get over the talent!!  The challenge runs until Sept. 6.  Leave a comments for the DT for a chance to be enter in their monthly drawings!

Well this is all for now. I've been busy cutting letters for my office bulletin board, maybe once it's completed I will post a pic.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

13 comments:

  1. Like the party favors. I was not given a bridal shower when I got married 25+ yrs ago but I lived in Central TX & planned all the wedding to be in Central FL where my family lived & wedding was to be held.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer Decorate to Celebrate
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanette,You did a great job with the favors especially in such a short time! Love the purple and the corset!
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were a busy little bee. The favors turned out great and I'm sure the bride was very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these are so pretty and a cute idea thank you for entering into the decorate to celebrate challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out wonderful. Purple is my favorite color and that corset is beautiful. Great job. I followed you over from the DTC blog
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello this is Rhonda from decorate to celebrate could you please email me when you get this at semery@classicnet.net it is tue 06

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so awesome! I love the beautiful colors and the corset is so pretty! What great bridal shower favors! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!

    Lisa
    Decorate to Celebrate Guest Designer
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love EVERYTHING about these -- I keep seeing more little details -- the personalized ribbon, the embossing... WOW!! You ROCKED the challenge, Jeanette!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the favor boxes & of course like the chocolate that will fill them. Visiting from Decorating to Celebrate comment blog hop.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the color. choc and boxes are too cute. coming from DTC hop
    tina
    http://tiggersscrapplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so fun and cute. You did a great job for it being a rush job. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm here from the DTC Hop.



    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable! Here from DTC! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete