Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cinderella shoe

Hello my crafty friends! Hope you all have great plans for this weekend.  I'll be busy tomorrow but I'm hoping to have a quite Sunday.  Now, for some time, I've been playing with the idea of making a Cinderella shoe. I looked around for a shoe template and found this one.  I've used it before but never saved the template so I had to download it again.  I printed the template and this is what I came up with
I'm not exactly thrilled with it but it will do.  I embossed the inside piece with my Swirls Cuttlebug folder.

If you look closely at the following pic, you can see the double sided tape 
Here's a look at the back side 

I added a snowflake from a set of Christmas stickers.
The snowflake was all white with glitter on it but I decided to color sections of it blue.  Along the way, I decided to enter this in this weeks  CTO Challenge which calls for blue & white. I figure this shoe would work for a girl's bday party.  Stop by their blog, the design team has some great projects posted. I'm also entering it at Scrapping with the Cricut ~ No Cards or Layout Challenge #5.  It's my first time entering one of her challenges and I'm hoping to participate in future challenges.
Here's what I did when I first used this template


My inspiration came from here.  I love this template and will probably create the witch's shoe again.

Well it's late my friends, I'm hoping to get another layout done on Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by...love to read your comments.

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

16 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Every girl would love a Cinderella slipper!
    Thanks for playing with us over at CTO!
    Esther
    forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. Very nice thanks for entering the No Cards r Layouts Monday Challenge.

    Hugs Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Thanks for joining us over at CTO this week! Happy to be your newest follower.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! U did an awesome job! I may have to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is SO COOL! I know what you mean about the tape showing. Whenever I work with acetate I have the same problem. Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing and playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your project is really cute. All the heels you made are just darling.

    Later Tater,
    Laney

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, beautiful shoes. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shoes are absolutely darling!! You did a great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing with us over at CTO this week!

    Now a new follower and would love for you to visit me at www.trailoftreasures.com

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an awesome job.Love the embossed shoe.Thanks for playing at CTO.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with the challenge.. very nice...

    thanks for playing this week with us at CTO...

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter would love the Cinderella slipper, great job! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish this shoe fit me, because it's THAT cute! Thanks for joining us at CTO for the "blue and white" challenge!

    Jessica
    CTO Design Team
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you did a great job on your shoe, very nicely done! Thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. I have never seen these. How adorable!!!

    Thanks for joining us at CTO!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Celebrate the Occasion DTM
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super neat shoe!! Such an adorable idea, and I love that it's so versatile!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion last week!! A new challenge has started -- Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

    Celebrate The Occasion DTM,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Join the FUN on Facebook!! :)
    Love To Crop! facebook page

    ReplyDelete