Monday, August 8, 2011

Another challenge entry

I'm back today with another challenge entry.  I only have a couple of weeks left before it's time to get back to the reality of work so I'm trying to get some scrapping done. My entry is a layout I did about a year ago but never took pics of or posted.  When I read the theme for this week's challenge over at Cricut 360 I knew it was the perfect project.  The theme this week is Refresh Yourself and after the sweltering summer we've had, it's the ideal theme.

A visit to the spa is a great way for refreshing yourself, combine that with a great massage, great company and a delicious dinner afterward and you have the PERFECT day.

My cousin planned this wonderful get together and we had a wonderful time.  It was a great way to catch up, just the ladies, no husbands, no children, no interruptions. Just a lot of laughing, relaxing and lots of bonding.

Here's a close up of each side:


I actually went out and bought the Opposites Attract cart for this layout.  At the time, I couldn't figure out how to make the scripted letters look connected and since I didn't have a gypsy at the time, I gave up and just cut everything out in the same style.

There wasn't any room for shadow layering and I didn't know about inking the edges.  It's pretty simple but I love it.  I used Opposites Attract for the title and the swirls were cut from Home Accents.  

Well, must get back to my scrapping, I'm hoping to finish another project today and to get it posted.
Here's a sneak peek:

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to visit the Cricut 360 Challenge Blog and join the fun, you have until Wednesday to join in.  The DT has put together some great projects....lots of inspiration!!

Sending you crafting wishes, 
Jeanette



5 comments:

  1. Love your layout. Looks like you had fun. Thank you for joining us at Cricut360.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice LO....looks like you had a great time! Glad you joined us at Cricut360 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your layout, it looks like everyone had such a good time! So glad you joined in on the fun over at Cricut 360!
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome layout- looks like you girls had a great time. TFS with us at Cricut 360

    ReplyDelete