Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Patterned Paper using Markers

Hello, my crafty friends hope you are all doing well and enjoying the weather.  For the longest time, I've had some cricut markers but have never really used them.  Aside from a set of color markers that were unopened, I also have black and brown markers and I think I used the black one once but didn't like the results.  Well, after my grandsons were born, I  found that alot of their clothing served as great inspiration.  The following patterned paper was inspired by one of their receiving blankets:

I used 5 different markers for five different designs.  I planned this design a while back and saved it on my gypsy but I failed to make note of the cartridges I used.  I believe My Community and Everyday Paper Dolls were used for the cars and George and Basic Shapes for the stars.  Each element had it's own layer and as I changed layers, I changed markers.

I loaded and unloaded the mat as needed but I never actually lifted the mat away from my E2.   Just seeing the E2 do its job was so exciting. I would love to do a design at a bigger size.  Now as I mentioned I've had the markers for a while, several years to be exact.  I was pretty happy with the turn out but I must note that the yellow and orange marker were very similar in color, you can barely tell them apart. As for the blue marker, it was the last one I used and I was disappointed to see that it was very pale, almost as though the ink was drying out. I'm sure the fact that I bought them so long ago but didn't use them had alot to do with this.  I will continue to use them until they are totally worn out.  See below for some close ups of the different designs:
 The green and red were the most vivid colors.
See how pale the blue is compared to the other colors.

Despite these minor issues, I'm very happy with my patterned paper.  The only thing I will change next time is the paper, it was a slightly textured paper but different textures. I didn't notice this until after the project was completed. I can't wait to use the paper as part of a layout. For now, I will submit this as my "project" for the challenge over at Cricut 360 Challenge #5.  The theme this week is Transportation.  Seeing how my patterned paper has cars all over it, I think it meets the theme requirement.  Stop by and join the fun, submissions can be added until Wednesday at 11:59pm.
Thanks for stopping by, your visit is appreciated!!

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette



6 comments:

  1. Super cool. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea. I love the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing a great idea.

    Later Tater,
    Laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea... you did awesome! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360ยบ...HUGS...SK:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool how you did your own background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.

    Leirad
    leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete