Sunday, August 7, 2011

Friends & Lovers

I just finished my layout for this week's challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut.  The challenge for this week was all about Friends in honor of Friendship Day (July 30th).  As soon as I saw what the theme was, I knew what I was going to do.  I love doing layouts of my husband and I and since it's our 17th anniversary on the 11th of this month this was the perfect time.  I think the basis of a solid marriage is friendship.  My best friend is my husband.  I love talking to him and just sharing the small things in life with him.  17 years after we got together and we both feel that our relationship, our marriage, our friendship is stronger than ever.  Hence, the title of this post....

and the layout


Left side

Right side

I added black stickles to the center of the flower.
I cut "friends" and the border using Gypsy Wandering and for the word "lovers" I used Gypsy Font.  I think it's the first time I use that font.  I used my Swiss Dot cuttlebug folder on the title and borders. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, I probably should've added some ribbon to the photo mats but you know, when you don't have a crafting space with everything in sight, some things just get left out.  I tend to use only what's right in front of me at the moment and my ribbon was in a container in another room. Let's face it, I'm too lazy to get up.  Anyway, let me wrap this up because I want to make the deadline at Fantabulous Cricut.  Can't wait to see what the new challenge will be.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

*Just noticed I left the ampersand symbol (&) out. Oh well.....


1 comment: