Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bitten by the Bug 2

I was browsing Bitten by the Bug 2 blog the other day and I noticed that they were having a Back to School challenge.  The idea is to use Locker Talk.  I really like this cart but don't use it often.  It was the perfect incentive to pull it out and put it to work.

Since I work in a school, I knew I wanted to do something I could use in my office.  After visiting blogland, I decided I wanted to do a wreath.

I purchased this wooden wreath that I found in the flower section at Michael's, it was only $1.99 pretty cheap I thought. I decoupaged it with some designer paper

While that was outside drying up, I cut up several pieces. I put everything together and then attached it all to my wreath.


I really wish I knew how to make a bow.  It would've made it perfect, but alas, I just made with what I could ~ a sad little bow. 

Most of the pieces are popped dot, some were embossed with my Swiss Dot folder. 



Well, this is all for now. It's late here and I still have to clean up.  Make sure you hop on over to Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out all the great projects the DT has put together.  Thanks for stopping by to visit and leaving comments. It's really appreciated.

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

8 comments:

  1. WOW, great project! Thanks for joining the challenge at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, this is absolutely too darn Cute! What a great addition to your office! I'm not even a teacher and I want one, lol! So glad you joined us over at BBTB2 for the challenge this week! And I'm not knocking your bow (I was to busy looking at your amazing school wreath, hee hee) but if your not happy with it have you ever checked out YouTube.com, there's videos and tips on making bows!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Love all the fun details on this! I know what you mean about bows, I make the saddest bows ever! LOL! I like how you added the apple to yours! And the bow looks great on this project!


    Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just absolutely the cutest wreath ever and so perfect for our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!!! What a perfect project to hang in your office. SUPER Job!!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at BBTB2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a SUPER adorable PROJECT ! I LOVE IT !!!!! What a great idea ! I may have to scrap-lift it if you don't mind ..... I think I will have each child in my daughters' class trace his/her hand and cut them out to add behind the school supplies and give it to her teacher as a gift !!!!!! Thanks for such a great project !!! So glad you shared with us at BBTB2 !!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness!! This is incredible! What a fantastic project! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete