Sunday, May 29, 2011

Throwback Thursday @ My Creative Time

Good Morning Everyone,

By now I'm sure most of you have read that this week will be the last week over at Flaunt it Fridays.  I know I will not be the only one saddened by the news.  While I had followed the blog for quite a while, I had never joined any of the challenges until this past week.  I'm sorry that it took me so long to join and can  honestly say that I had alot of fun participating.  I wish Sandra luck and will look for her at 365 Days of Cricut. A big thank you to all the sponsors that contributed to her weekly challenges.  The last challenge (#25) is Robotz - Anything Goes Challenge.  I already have in mind what I'm going to do and will work on it soon.

On a different note, Emma over at My Creative Time is hosting her regular Throwback Thursday Challenge.  The challenge is to use any "older" cartridge and incorporate the colors green and yellow.  I decided to use my oldest cartridge, "Keystone" which came with my original bug.  I made a card and used the asterisk symbol to make flowers.

I cut 6 asterisks for each color in the following sizes: small (1.22 x 1.59), medium (1.40 x 1.82), large  (1.58 x 2.06).   I sprinkled them with water and kind of bunched them up to wrinkle them a bit and I chalked the edges.  I glued them in the center, one above the other in a stack of three, alternating colors (green on top of yellow, yellow on top of green, etc.) In total I had three flowers.  The last thing I did was add some Stampin Up! crystal effects to make it look like water drops and added some bling in the center. 

The card measures 4.25 x 5.25, in bazzill cardstock ~ Mocha Divine. In the center I added a cut from Create a Critter, pg. 33, I can't think of what it's called, using cardstock from Michael's Recollection line.  I cuttlebugged it using Swiss Dots. I glued the flowers to a brown 1/2 ribbon from the $1 bin at Michaels. The ribbon is adhered to the center cut.  I cut a small tag and wrote "Hello" with my white gel pen but looking back I should've used a black pen instead to make it stand out.        


Here's a better look at the entire card.  
 

I'm glad I worked on this card early in the day and was able to take it out to the backyard to photograph it. I love the natural light.  This is a first for me because I usually craft at night and photograph right on the spot. 

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!!

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette




3 comments:

  1. Adorable Card. I just love the flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at Emma's Throwback Thursday.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. Best of luck with the challenge.
    Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for playing in Emma's Challenge...your card is beautiful...
    I'm now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete