Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Challenge Me Monday #61

Hello my dears!! I'm so proud of myself today ~ I usually check Fantabulous Cricut for their Monday challenges and always promise myself that I'm going to make time to participate in the challenge.  Then without a doubt, the time whizzes by and before you know it, it's too late to join. Well this time, I actually came home and got right down to it.  The challenge this week is to use the color blue and a cloud.  I figure since I'm on a card marathon, I would use the challenge guidelines to make a card to send to our troops~ one that he/she can use it to send home to a family member.

I made a card which measures 4.5 x 6.  Kraft cardstock from Michael's Recollection collection.  I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool which I bought in Virginia last month and then inked them with memento ink.  The clouds were cut from Create a Critter and embossed using the Cuttlebug and my favorite embossing folder - Swiss Dots.  They are also popped with glue dots. The blue in the card is a dog from the preloaded E2 cart - Cricut Decals.  He measures about 3.50 (I forgot to write down the size), again paper is from Michael's Recollection.  The green grass is also from Create a Critter.



I also decided to put something inside the card. So I cut a piece of white cardstock, adhered it with my 2 way zig glue and attached a piece of grass also cut from the Create a Critter. 


I wrote the following sentiment: "So blue" on the front cover and "without you" in the inside.  It doesn't show up too well but I hope you can get an idea of what it looks like.

  

Well that's all for tonight folks! ~ thanks for stopping by and go check out Fantabulous Cricut and join the fun!!

All my crafting wishes,
Jeanette

7 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I'm so glad you had some time to participate in our challenge this week. I love your take on it. That little dog is just the cutest! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    Amy Jo (FCCB DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable, so glad you got to play along with us at FCCB this week!!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out great! Nice work. Thank you for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card - and you have such pretty hand writing!

    Jazzy
    www.JazzysCards.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Card!! Thanks For Playing With Us @ FCCB!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete