Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Flaunt it Fridays

Hello my dearies! Hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend.  It was nice being home and spending time with the hubby and kiddos.  Now it's back to work!

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, this week will be the last at Flaunt it Fridays and the challenge this week is Robotz - anything goes.  This is my submission:


I got the idea to do a rosette from the uber talented Tammy Skinner at Creative Critterz.  She is absolutely awesome and I love her work.  She has a tutorial on how to do the rosettes and I decided to give it a try.  It was super easy.  The hardest part for me was selecting the papers but of course, that's always the hardest part for me.



Here's a closer look at my Robotz.  I really like the way he looks, so happy.  I was working quickly and didn't take the time to jot down sizes.  I added red 1/2 inch Martha Stewart ribbon (I only paid $1 for it @ Michael's) and white 1/4 inch ribbon, also $1 and from Michael's, on the back.  I hot glued the rosette to a circle cut, then added the blue middle doily cut from Cricut American Alphabet already preloaded on the E2.  On top of that I added two more circle cuts, one red and one white. Last, is my Robotz cut.  I really like how it turned out ~ don't know what I'm going to use it for.  I did a few Robotz party favors for a little cousin's 3rd birthday back in February and this would've been perfect for him but alas the moment has passed.

Here's one final look at my submission for the final challenge at Flaunt it Fridays.  I encourage you all to join the fun and make it a big crafting party.  

I'll be back later this week with a few more things....there's a few more challenges I think I want to participate in before the week is out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project! Love the rosette and your robotz! So bright and colorful! Thanks for playing with us during the last challenge of Flaunt It Fridays!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! I have never tried making a rosette. I really like how this turned out. Thank you for 'flaunting' your stuff with us at Flaunt It Fridays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete