Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, it's been a busy week for me. I've been working on graduation favors for my stepdaughter. I made 25 favors, took it easy, one step each day. But before I begin giving you details, I'm happy to report that I finally received my new cartridge from the Michael's Rebate Promotion.  I received my Car Decals cartridge on Friday - quick if you ask me ~  I mailed the rebate form on April 22nd.


I'm so happy with it and can't wait to begin using it.

Now moving on to the favors. I made the boxes from Wrap it up.  I believe they end it up being approximately 3x3.  I was only able to get one on each 12x12 sheet and I used my gypsy.  I used clear cardstock panels behind each opening. 



I wrapped each box with 1/2 in wide gold wired ribbon, finishing over the top and tying it in a box. On top of that I glued printed maroon ribbon with a gold flower in the center.  I love attaching personalized ribbons to favors for special occasions. 
This is what the table looked like.
Inside each box I placed a small organza bag filled with personalized m&m's (graduate's request).

Cardstock used is a combination of Coredinations bought at JoAnn's and Bazzill from Michael's.  I found the Coredinations cardstock much prettier and sturdier than the Bazzill cardstock.

Amidst all the running around before the graduation, I ran to a TJ Maxx and just as I was about to check out I found this beautiful designer paper pad by Me & My Big Ideas.  It's a school theme and I love the colors.  I think the collection is by Ellen Krans.

And lastly, now that I'm done with the party favors is time to get down to my card marathon.  As I mentioned before, my son is working on a community project which involves collecting/making cards for our troops.  They can be addressed to "Dear Soldier" or be left blank so that our soldiers can use them for their own purposes. 

My goal is to make each card that appears in the Just a Note cart that is preloaded in the E2.  This is a trial run, I was following the guidelines for the sample found in the handbook and then realized I had selected the wrong card.  Either way, it gives me a idea of how it's going to look when I select the right colors.  I do love the size, it's 5 1/2.  

The colors are off but I'll do it again tomorrow evening.  Can't wait to complete this project. I'm not good with cards so this will definitely be a learning experience.  Wish me luck!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Blessed Day,
Jeanette





No comments:

Post a Comment