Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Retirement

Hello everyone...hope you are all preparing for the long holiday weekend.  I sure am looking forward to having Friday and Monday off from work...yay me!!

Now onto my post, while blog surfing I came across Challenge #15 at Celebrate the Occasion .  The challenge theme this week is "Retirement".  I opened up the first handbook I found, which turned out to be Wrap It Up, flipped the pages and decided on the car on pg.42.


All the cuts where made at 3.75.  


I cut the main image twice and used glue dots in between the layers to pop it up. 

On the top I wrapped a Martha Stewart ribbon that I bought at Michaels about 2 months ago for $1.  I also added a tag, cut from the same cart, at 1.50. The sentiment is hand written because I didn't have any stamps with the word 'retirement' on them.  I don't have a big stash of stamps, just a handful from various companies.

I also added a little bit of bling to liven things up and some white stitching here and there with my Signo pen.
On the inside I put a blank piece of ivory cardstock and attached two wheels cut at 2.25 to opposite corners.  I was tempted to write another sentiment but changed my mind.  After all, this card along with the others will be mailed to our Troops overseas and I want them to be able to use it for his/her own purpose.

I really enjoyed making this card.  I think I could get addicted to participating in challenges.  I'm definitely looking forward to more challenges. 

On a final note, I came across 'My Paper Love' and guess what? ~ Shelley is having a great giveaway:




Yep, it's the 'Simply Charmed' cartridge. Just become a follower and spread the word. You have until May 30th to join the fun. So go on, hurry up and join!!

Well, my dearies, that's all for today!!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette






14 comments:

  1. Great card, Thanks for playing with CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome detail on this card! You did a wonderful job!

    Thanks for playing along with CTO!

    Nicole T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute classic! Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! That car is awesome! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this car, you did a great job on this, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, that car is awesome! Thanks for playing along on CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love the car! Thanks for playing along at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, love the colors you chose and that car is wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card...I love the old timey car! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute, I love this car- You did a great job
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for playing at CTO this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. u did a great job! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Jeannette... Great job., thanks for playing with us at CTO...

    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card. The old car is just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the dimension on your car -- WOW, does it make it POP!! All your little details really make this a WONDERFUL card!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion last week!! The new challenge is posted (School's Out - must have an apple) -- Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Celebrate The Occasion DTM

    ReplyDelete