Sunday, June 5, 2011

School's Out

'School's out' is this week's theme over at Celebrate the Occasion.  It's challenge #16 and the only requirement is to make sure that your submission includes an apple.  So with this in mind, I decided to create a tag that I will attach to several gifts for my son's teacher.

All the cuts are from Plantin Schoolbook. The tag is cut at 4" and the apple is cut at 3".  All the papers are from Michael's recollection line with the exception of the red paper, which is from K&Company ~ KP Valentine Designer Paper Pad.  



I used a gelly roll pen in white to draw the stitching around the apple and to write the word "Thanks".  I also used my white ink pad from Colorbox around the edges of the tag. 


I used Stampin Up! Crystal effect on the edge of the apple to give the bitten corner of the apple a more realistic approach.

The last thing I did was to add red and white ribbon and that was it!   It was easy to put together so I'm planning to do a few more.  There's still time to join the fun, so go ahead and jump in.  

While you're there don't miss out on following their great CTO Pool Party Blog Hop. I've been hopping  along from blog to blog and all the participants have done a beautiful job.  So many great things to see ~ so much inspiration.  You definitely won't be disappointed!

Well, this is all for now. I have two more projects to work on and hopefully will get a chance to post them today.

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

6 comments:

  1. I love this tag, the stitching and bitten effect is awesome! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous tag! I love your stitching and the "bite" with Glossy Accents! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute tag! The bite out of the apple is a nice touch! Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, it is so cute, thanks so much for celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great tag, so much dimension and wonderful embellishments! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete