Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge

Hello everyone, hope you all have enjoyed the weekend.  I certainly had a busy day but I rushed along and managed to get a submission for the the Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge #20.  This week's challenge is to use the Paper Doll cartridge.  I flipped around the pages and decided to use the stars border found on pg. 78 under Accessories 1.

 

I welded four borders on my gypsy to make the frame and then I cut it several times on different cardstock and was able to cut out individual stars to randomly attach to the frame. 

I also used the cloud and stars on pg. 75 and cut them out several times too. I added my grandson's name since this layout will end up in his baby album.

The baby found on pg.76/Accessories 2 was too cute to pass up, so I added him too.  Again, cut out in different color cardstock.

The "Sweet Slumber" title is cut from Zooballoo. It's the first time I use that cart even though I've had it for several months.  I like the font and the images but haven't pushed myself to use it. 
I used a black fine point marker to do some stitching on all the pieces as well as several gelly roll pens in various colors.  It's a simple 8x8 layout but I'm happy that challenges like this one inspire me to get some scrapping done and finally get somethings done in his album. I saved the file in my gypsy and will re-create it for my other grandson.


Well, this might be all for tonight, there's another challenge at M.A.G. Challenge by the Page that I might try tonight.

Thanks for stoppying by, don't forget, head over to TWO SCRAPTASTIC GALS where Meriah is hosting this week's CCC Challenge #20. And while you are there don't forget to vote for the next cart that will be used.

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

1 comment: