Sunday, June 26, 2011

Link Up Love Party with K. Andrew


I've decided to participate in Krystal's Link Up Love Party over at Getting Cricky with K Andrew.  I'm excited to see how it goes. The idea is to become a follower of different blogs, have others become your follower and this way everyone can get inspiration and motivation from one another.  I think it's a great idea for us newbies!! One of the things that Krystal asks us to do is post a favorite project and something we are grateful for ~ this is my project:
and the thing I'm most grateful for is the fact that my oldest daughter finished high school.  It was touch and go for a while. Her high school years were very difficult ones. She dealt with issues that were beyond our control, that no one should ever have to deal with but through it all, she stayed true to going to school.  Ring day is the day that Seniors get their rings and it includes a number of activities including a Mass to bless the Seniors and their future as they leave High School.  As the day's events unfolded and I went around taking pictures, I knew immediately how my layout was going to look.  It's also the first double layout I completed.  
Left page

Right page
I used my baby bug, Mickey and Friends, A child's Year and George and Basic Shapes carts.  I could probably do it over and make it look cleaner but it wouldn't be the same.  A lot of love went into this one. 
I'm so proud of her, for being a survivor and not a victim...She's my hero!

Below you'll find the instructions for the Link Up Love Party ~ I hope you join the fun! I'm off now to finish becoming a follower and leaving comments! 

Link Up Love Party: How it Works

*Link Up Party runs from Tuesday 6/21 to Tuesday 6/28. Winners announced 6/29
*Grab my blinkie and post on your blog's sidebar
*Be a follower of this blog
*Create a new blog post that is titled Link Up Love Party with K Andrew. In your post, you must mention that the link up love party is a way to get to know each other and find new blog inspiration, mention my blog, with a link back to my blog .
*Post your favorite project that you've done in your blog post WITH ONE thing you are grateful for!
*Copy and paste the link up code into your blog post so the Inlinkz will show up on your blog
*Spread the word so everyone can join in!
*You must visit, follow, and comment on the 5 people before you AND the 5 people after you in the Inlinkz. It would be fantastic if you would visit as many as you can--maybe everyone? If you are one of the first 5 then you will need to blog the ones before you and a few more after--as long as it's a minimum of 10 near you in the link up tool/gadget)
If you do not do the above your link will be deleted, because it's just not fair to those who work so hard linking up and showing love to the ones on the list. Krystal has two moderators who will be checking this out to keep it awesome and fun!











17 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful layout, Jeanette! You did such a fabulous job and what a wonderful keepsake for your daughter! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog from the Love Link Up Party...I am now happily following you as well :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, way cool. You did a fantastic job. Popping in to offer support from the LULP w/ K Andrew. I am now a follower. TFS! ~ Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Jeanette, I am visiting from the LULP. Your layout is fab! I love the way you made the photos run across the pages. You did a great job! I am a new follower, please come over to my blog and follow me too. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is fabulous! I love the film strip. I am a new follower from the LULP. I would love it if you stopped by my blog as well.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your double layout turned out Great! Don't you just love when you are taking the pictures and you can visualize how the page is going to come together:) I'm peeking in from LULP:)
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from K.Andrew's LLUP. I hope you come over & follow me too. Love this layout especially the filmstrip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to celebrate your daughter! Sounds to me like she has a great Mom too :) Love your layout! I tried to be a follower but your blog doesn't have a button to do so-all is says is follower but nothing to click on so I will come back and try again :) So glad you were able to join us! Thank you for sharing! I am a fellow LULP hopper :)

    http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..And it's back and now I am a follower :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely layout. I am sure you are proud of her. Though my own daughter is only 5 I know how a mothers heart swells up with pride!
    Dropped in seeing your link at LULP.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
    PS: I am your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. heyyiiee!! ring day! sounds so nice! :) loved the way you've put things together jeanette :)
    following your blog right away! found you on the link up love party! :D glad I did! :)
    ~hugs~
    http://pinkcrayonhandmadecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the LO! I sure need to start mine! I have a son who was in Special Education, I just didn't know if he would graduate! But he made it! It was tough, but yes he did! So congratulations to your daughter for a job well done!
    New Follower!

    Lori @ http://loriscraftyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing layout,found you through link up party:).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the arrangement of photos with film roll like thing:).
    I am here frm link up party n glad to follow u:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors!! Everything just flows so well together. Simply awesome!! I stop by from the LULP and just became your newest follower.

    LaKesha aka Scrappin Diva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice layout, I love the bold colors! I'm here for the LULP, and I'm already a follower... :)
    Amy

    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeanette!! I absolutely love everything....you are so talented. I can see that all the way from GA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping along by my blog; so happy you did!
    Im now following you too!
    Happy you linked up in my Link Up Party!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew
    www.kandrewdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete