Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Challenge #30 @ M.A.G. Challenge by the page

Well, I finally got my card ready for this week's challenge over at M.A.G. Challenge by the page.  I had hoped to get it done yesterday and then be able to photograph it outside but unfortunately that was not possible.  My husband went in for a double hernia surgery on Monday and his recovery is keeping me busy. Poor guy, he looks tough on the outside but is so weak on the inside. No tolerance for pain.  Thank goodness he didn't have to give birth to any children, he would've quit after the first one......

Anywho, now onto my card. I made it with him in mind. It's not a get well card but I'm hoping it will cheer him up.

The challenge called for using pg. 54 of the Smiley Cards cart. This cart was a digital download with the purchase and registration of the gypsy earlier this year.


I decided to use the main image, the happy little magnet.

Something about his happy face made me think of my husband and what a great relationship we have.  Friendship is definitely the key for us. 

I kept it pretty simple since I didn't have much time to figure out paper and embellishments, etc.

Since I don't have a large collection of stamps, I decided to handwrite my sentiment.  Either way, it's good to practice handwriting, in this day and age of technology, handwriting is becoming a lost art.
Inside message

Here's one last look at the card.

Well, my crafty ladies, this all for tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow for work. 

I encourage you to swing by M.A.G. Challenge by the Page and check out the next challenge. I know I can't wait!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette





3 comments:

  1. Love it, always such great sentiments. Hope he feels better, thanks for playing with MAG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and the sentiment is just perfect. Thanks for playing with us at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, you did a great job on the challenge, thanks so much for joining Mag Challenge!

    ReplyDelete