Monday, October 3, 2011

World Card Making Day

Saturday was World Card Making Day and that got me thinking....I don't really make cards to keep on hand.  Since August, I've had about 7 bdays and a wedding and guess what...? NO CARDS from me..to anyone.  I've decided that I'm going to make more cards and be ready for the next occasion.
With that in mind, I made two quick and small Halloween cards...they will either go to students at the school I work at or to my younger cousins..they'll get a kick out of getting them in the mail along with some treats!
Here's a look at the cards:
The images and the card bases are cut from the Smiley Cards cart that is preloaded on the Gypsy.  
The thread on this card is waxed linen thread in black. The sentiment is a Studio G clear stamp from Hampton Art and best of all, it only cost $1.  I bought a few of these. I used white craft ink to distress the edges of the card.  I stamped the sentiment in black Staz On but it's barely noticeable.  I also sprayed the card base with Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist but it's not noticeable on the picture.  It's my first time using  glimmer mist and I only have the one color, Fully Purple. I have to keep playing with it and see how I like it.  Ok, now on to the next card,
Now, this is an oval shaped card, about 3.99 by 2 something.  I used the same type of stamp for the sentiment, just a different series.  Actually it's supposed to run straight across but when I realized that it wouldn't fit, I cut the stamp in half and placed the words one above the other. I like it better this way.  I stamped it using white ink and it just looks a little smudgy but it's easier to read than the sentiment stamped in black on the other card.  The twine on this card is from Doodlebug designs ~ it's in orange, white and black.  The card bases are both cut on purple cardstock from the Recollection set at Michael's.  
Well my crafty friends, this is all for tonight.  I'll be back with a layout later this week. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by:)
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette



1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! I think my grandkids, nieces & nephews would all love to get one of these in the mail. Hope you don't mind me scraplifting. tfs

    ReplyDelete