Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Creative Time....Again!

Hello, my dear readers....just popping in to share my submission for the latest challenge at My Creative Time.  The latest Throwback Thursday challenge calls for using a Font cartridge.  Emma's suggestion is that we not only use the fonts on the cart but also check out the shapes/images that can be found on alot of  the Font cartridges.  I know I have quite a bit of font carts and I don't use nearly half of them.  For this challenge I resorted to one of my favorite font cartridges and one of the first ones I bought when I got my original cricut machine.  In fact for this project, I even dusted off my original baby bug and put her to use. It was great.  For the challenge I decided to make another two page layout for my grandson's baby album. As I've mentioned before, the theme for this book is Winnie the Pooh.

I love this cart because not only does it have great fonts but it also has some wonderful images of Winnie and all his friends.  I don't recall where I got the base mat..sorry... The banner is my favorite part because it's not a shape but a font.  I used the wood shadow feature on the cart and selected capital "B", shift.
When you turn it sideways, it looks like a banner.  So I cut this a few times, punched some holes and put in some grommets with my crop a dile, ran some ribbon through the holes to give it more life.  I love my little banner because it was so unexpected.  
I cut some swirls from another font cart, Don Juan.  Another one of my favorites...I put swirls on each top corner because it looked a little empty.  The last font cart I used was Songbird.  It's one of my newer carts and like so many, one I haven't used often.  
I used the perch feature, and cut this little bird on a sign.  On the sign, I stamped my grandson's name using $1 stamps by Studio G. I can't wait to add the pics.  

Well my dearies, this is all for now. Time to get to bed and get some rest.
Don't forget to check out My Creative Time, spend some time with Emma and join the fun. She always has great challenges.

Thanks for visiting...
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I LOVE those baby Pooh cuts that they have on this cartridge. Terrific job. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, I got interrupted and I'm not sure if I sent my last comment or if it was even complete. I just wanted to let you know that I love this sweet Baby Pooh cut. And the banner is perfect. They are so popular right now and yours looks great. Great LO! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! I love this. The colors, the banner, and that cute pooh! Doesn't get much sweeter than this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little pooh bear! So cute!

    ReplyDelete