Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Challenge me Monday # 79

Hello my crafty friends, just stopping by with  my entry for challenge #79 @ Fantabulous Cricut.  The theme this week is Leaves are Falling, basically do a project with leaves on it.  Well, I recently hosted a dinner party to celebrate a 46th bday for one of my favorite cousins.  While waiting for dinner to be served, his lifetime partner made these great roses out of napkins:

I thought they were so cool looking and halloween-ish so I decided to keep them and put them in a glass vase.  I added some black glitter on the tip of the roses

I felt it needed a ribbon or something around the neck of the vase and when I read the challenge this week, I knew exactly what I would do. I decided on a string of leaves!  I cut several sizes and styles of leaves from different cartridges and then added glitter to the edges.  For the leaves I used black, orange and green glitter from MS that I bought on sale last year.

Here's a look at the end result ~ 
On the dining room table


On the window ledge
My kids think they look awesome.....now all that's left to do is finish decorating the rest of the house!

Well, my ladies...this is all for now...
Thanks for stopping by!!

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it! It's a perfect Halloween/Fall home decoration!
    Thanks for playing along with our Leaves are Falling challenge at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique project! Great looking leaves! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! What a fantastic project -and it's turned out wonderfully!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete