Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthday bash

Well, as I previously promised..here are the pics from my grandson's 1st bday party.

Here are the invites...all cardstock is from American Crafts - Primary colors.  They measure about 4.5 all around....
Characters are from the Bump in the Night cartridge.  I alternated the colors for the invites and the monsters.  Information is printed on white copy paper and washi tape is on the bottom. 
This is by far my favorite character and I'm upset with myself for not taking a better picture when I had the chance, this picture below is courtesy of my cousin who was kind enough to snap pics of the day while I entertained the guest.
He measures 23in. in length and about the same in width.  I used my gypsy to cut him and split the image in two.  The idea was to play "pin the eye on the monster".  I used random scalloped circles that I had and put the child's initials on it.  Of course, everyone was a winner.  This little fellow here is my cousin's son and he was so super happy when he placed his 'eye' in place...I think this was my favorite part of the day....
I can't remember what cart I used for the banner but the letters are from the Don Juan cart. They are cut at 5in. I love this font...the "1st" is cut with Alphalicious and measures about 10in. in length, the word "birthday" is from 'Create a Critter' and it spans about 23in. in width.

Now for the party bags, I cut 3 of each character.  The idea was to have the kids match their monster to their party bag and to their drawing space.  The largest was cut at 5 in. because it was supposed to be part of their party hat but once the kids were here, we decided that putting it on a string and hanging it around their neck worked better for matching purposes.  These are some of the characters, laid out on the table so that each guest could pick their monster.

Here's how they looked on the party bags

I stamped Thank you  on the bottom of each bag before filling them up with goodies.
 Close ups of the bags.  The aunt of the bday boy, my oldest daughter, did all the faux stitching....
The image on the bags was cut at about 3.5 inches and so was the image that was placed in each child's designated drawing area.  I don't have any pics but I placed 11x17 white copy paper with a monster on it, on the wall in random spots around the house and every guest had to find their matching monster and draw a picture.  Again, it was a great hit with the kids.

On the cake, I placed an extra monster I had because the cake was a plain one and we couldn't get the sprinkles to stick to the sides without risking dropping the cake.
I had planned for a few more things like monster toppers for the cupcakes that were served and drawing the monsters with Cricut markers on several sheets to make a small coloring book for the kids but ran out of time. 
Now one last pic...
The bday boy stuffing his face with a mini cupcake...he really enjoyed it! 

Well, if you made this far...a big thank you...I know it was long...
Thanks for stopping by!
Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment