Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest Designer @ Decorate to Celebrate

Hello my crafty friends, I have an exciting new post today. The ladies over at "Decorate to Celebrate", Amy and Rhonda have invited me to be a Guest Designer this week.  Wow!! I was completely taken by surprise and so honor to be invited.  The theme this week is 'Baby Birthday'.  Not a problem for me, since I just celebrated my grandson's first bday.  The party was actually held at Burger King but I had a few favors for some friends who stopped at our house later that day.

I cut these boxes from the Wrap it Up cartridge.  They were actually graduation boxes but I hid the cuts in the middle of the box.

The boxes were cut at 8.78 x 6.97 using my gypsy. I was able to get 2 from a 12x12 sheet.   The tags were cut using the Alphalicious cart but I didn't make note of the size.  Each box was tied with a different color ribbon.  Attached to the ribbon was the tag and a cut of a Backyardigan character.  These characters were actually small playing cards and I used my nestabilities to cut them out.  The theme at home was Backyardigans, one of my grandson's favorite shows. 

 Each box contained a small cellophane bag with  Strawberry puffs from Gerber.  I figured since the guest were all under one, this would be more appropriate for them. 

For the mommies in the house, I put oatmeal cookies in glassine bags.  These were also tied with a color ribbon and a tag and character cut out was attached.  

Here is the set all together.

Now, I decided since the important guest were all little people, I would decorate a half wall which faces my dining room...to resemble a photo op spot.  
The idea was to have my grandson take pictures with his little friends.  Well, that didn't work because none of them would stand still long enough to have a picture taken.  I still have the decorations up in the hopes that I'll at least get a picture of my grandson standing in front of it. 

The banner was cut using the Jolly Holidays cart at  22.77w x 10.08h.  I attached rosettes and spelled out his name using the Don Juan cart.  The word 'birthday' is from Gypsy Wandering - I hid 'happy' before making the cut.  Lastly, is the number '1' which was cut at 9.40w x 18.38h. 

I had a lot of fun putting this together, everyone enjoyed the favors and I can't wait to do more of them.  
Make sure you visit Decorate to Celebrate were the rest of the design team has put together some fabulous projects!! Thanks for stopping by....make sure you leave a comment because one lucky person will win some blog candy in honor of my first post as a guest designer!!

Sending you crafting wishes,
Jeanette




14 comments:

  1. Such awesome creations and congratulations on your DT post. Have fun
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, love the thank you boxes. Thanks for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate guest designers. nenerscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute! I love the Wrap It Up cart...perfect for all types of parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute boxes love the sweets you used! I seriously need to get me the Wrap it Up cartridge! Great job:)
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! My 3 year and I lov The Backyardigans! TFS CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And I just love the backyardagins! It's one of few kids shows that I find myself happy to hum along to, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute theme! my kids love this show. you did a great job!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute for the little ones. You did a great job & hope you will be able to get that pic soon. Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate blogs.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your project on the Decorate to Celebrate page - so adorable! What a great idea to use the playing cards! I think I'll be borrowing that idea in the future!
    Melissa
    craftygator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute boxes! I haven't used a cut and hidden something yet so thanks for the hint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate. Like how you created the boxes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute party decore My grandson turned 1 this week also!
    Big Blog Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeanette -- Thank you so much for being a guest designer with us!! :) Your project is soooooo creative and adorable!! I hope we'll see more of your FUN creations in the future!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete